Sports theme thank you card {tutorial & printable}

I made these for the mommy for the baby shower I just helped throw.  It was a vintage sports themed shower (more decorations to come when I get the pics).  I purchased this really cute vintage sports paper to wrap the water bottles and used the scrap on the thank you cards

When I help host a baby shower, I always make the thank you cards for the mom and bring the blank envelopes to the shower.  I pass them around and have everyone self address them.  This way, the mom only needs to write a note and pop it in the envelope.  No need to look up addresses....one less thing the sleep deprived mom needs to worry about! :)

Supplies:
Card blank
Printer
Scrap paper
Glue or sewing machine

How to:

Run a piece of scrap paper through first so you know how your printer is aligned.  Then just stack your card(s) in and hit print. (This printable is set to print on a 5 1/2" x 8" sheet of paper....which is the size of the card before you fold it in half. ;)

I used the standard 4" x 5 1/2" which fits an A2 envelope.  I buy bank note card packages when they are on sale.  They come in white and Kraft paper.  If you get them on sale, they are only $0.09 per card!  Not bad...especially since the rest was done using scraps!


I strategically punched out the pennants so that you could see the baseball stitching, basketball and soccer ball, but these would look cute in any color combos.
Then I stitched them on!  I didn't bother gluing (since I was doing a lot) and didn't need the extra step.  If your not a sewer...go ahead and glue them on where you want them.  You can take a pen and "draw" in the pennant strings either in between each pennant or right over the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...