Touch up painting

I had a really fun day today.  I spent the baby's nap going around our house touching up all the paint.  The house is 4-5 years old, as is the paint in the bucket we had leftover from the builder.  I was really sweating the color match, but it was fine.  I did notice that all the painting was done on the bottom 3 feet of the walls.  Hmmm....do little children reside here?

Its a really boring builder brown.  Whole wheat is the color, from Sherwin Williams.  Its a nice color but its everywhere other than bedrooms (which I have painted)....and its FLAT paint.  Flat.  On the walls!  Why would anyone put flat paint on anything other than a ceiling?  I have 4 small children.  You can't wash walls with flat paint.  Flat paint + small children = lots more painting.  Ugh!  I didn't even try to paint the playroom.  That's a whole room job and I'm going to do it another color.....I just haven't decided what.

It wouldn't have taken as long as it did, except I haven't done it in awhile.  I usually go around every 3-4 months.  Apparently its been a lot longer that that, because I had a lot to do.  Oh well....I can finally check this off my to do list.

Now I just need to decide what color to paint the playroom.  I would love to do the light blues and greys, but in addition to painting everything flat beige, ALL the trim and doors is done in the same blah beige, so grays, whites, and pale blues do not play nice with blah beige.  I am not up for repainting many feet of trim and doors right now....

*Sigh*

Brown maybe....

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...