Headboard in the works


I just wanted to show you one of the things I've been up to lately.  This is after one coat of paint, so I'm halfway there. (Note: after cleaning, sanding, priming, sanding, cleaning....then one coat of paint!  That's only halfway :) This wasn't one of our "hotel" scores, but we picked it up off of Craigslist awhile back.  Its been sitting my garage waiting for time and inspiration and we finally found the latter.  (There's never enough time, right?)

BTW...Please excuse the mess.  You think there might be a "before and after" post about organizing a garage soon, but no. :)

This is our inspiration for the color:

Isn't it gorgeous?  The whole thing!


After going to 3 stores to find a good yellow spray paint, these are the two that I was down to.


The deep yellow won, hands down!  The paint is just the middle step, so I can't wait to see it done!  Right now the humidity is at 90% outside, so the paint is not drying very quickly.  We are expecting thunderstorms for the rest of the day so...hopefully tomorrow will be nicer.

I've had lots of plans to paint (cuz we have all that furniture!), but its either been to cold or too humid!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...