Felt Dot Garland {tutorial} {SC#9}


Need a super cheap decoration for the latest holiday?  This felt dot garland is just the thing.  It measures about 6 1/2 feet long for less than $1 for the whole thing.

Supplies:
Felt, 3 sheets (one in each color)
Die or scissors
Sewing machine and thread

How to:
I ran my felt through my die cut machine with my circle die.  There are 4 different circles ranging in size from 1" to 2 1/2" in diameter.  You can easily cut these out, it'll just take a little longer.  Make a template out of paper, pin the template to the felt and cut.

(Pardon the Valentine's colors.  I was planning on writing the tutorial for that holiday, but life happens and *Heart* Day is over. )


I cut 4 circles of each size in each color, so ended up with 48 circles.  You can do as many or as few as you'd like.


I piled all mine up then arranged them in color and size.  Mine's a pattern, but hey, throw caution to the wind and just put them together as you grab them in a random way.  (The Type-A-obsessive-compulsive side of me will not allow that....)

My pattern went (in size) large, med-large, med-small, small, repeat.  The color pattern went pink, white red, repeat. (Or, dark green, light green, white for St. Patty's day.)  Once again, you could just lay them out however looks good to you.


Thread your machine in a matching color (I went white) and pull about 8" of both the top thread and bobbin thread.  Set your machine to about 3.5 stitch length and start stitching away.  I ran my edges together with no spacing in between.  I got in quite a little rhythm and this sewed up in a snap!


Pull about 8" of thread at the end, and cut.  Voila.  

Walk around your house decide which shelf or cupboard or mantle you're going to hang it on.




If you don't feel like making them...I'm selling them in my etsy shop....

1 comment:

  1. So cute! I've seen mobiles made like this before too, love it. I love the name of your blog too, glad I'm not the only one :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...