Boating Flag Paper Garland

G's room is decorated in sailboats.  I don't know why I was set on boats, but I was.  I had his room all finished about 2 months before he was born and poof...2 weeks later, we found out we were moving across the country.  So...I got to decorate another room.  I loved what I did the first time, so I did it again, but added a few more details, like this flag garland.
(In this picture it looks as if the garland is actually painted on the wall, but its not.)

 I had die cut most of the shapes at my local scrapbook store (before we left), then sat down one afternoon during nap time to put it all together.

Supplies:
Jute or string
Paper
Scissors, die cuts, or punches
Glue

  I measured his wall, and cut some jute about 2 feet longer (to account for the arc).  I decided what order I wanted my made up boating signs to go and laid them out.  Found the center of the jute and started folding and gluing.  The squares are really rectangles which I folded the end over the jute and glue.  The triangles have 2 tabs on them (its the small pennant die from Accucut) which I folded and glued.  I spaced them evenly apart, but glued the paper to paper and not paper to jute.  This way when we move again, I can lengthen or shorted if needed.
To hang it, I just put a cup hook in each corner and tied the jute to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...