3 Legged Bench


This was never intended to be a project for me.  On my first garage sale-ing trip last summer my friend (and now business partner here) picked this little thing up for $3.  I was eyeing it too, so I'm glad she grabbed it.

This is what she looked like we rescued her. She sat in my friends garage through the winter.  I snagged her a few weeks ago and said I'd do a little slipcover for her.  I first reupholstered her in some white twill that I had.


Then I sewed this little cover for her, ala Miss Mustard Seed.  (I'm not even going to attempt a tutorial since MMS has done some fabulous video tutes.  Start here.  So worth the time to watch the series!)



Here's her cute little ruffle.


 But wait.....something is missing.


Ahhhh....that's much better.  A little freezer paper stencil!  (My first one.....and definitely NOT the last!)


She is for sale SOLD here.

{This also completed my Sewing Challenge #17.}

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...