This is a piece that has been painted and painted (before a certain *ahem* someone knew how to paint furniture) and painted. And now painted again. It has also been moved and moved and moved and moved. It had been beaten up then stuck in room after room, then in the upstairs hall because there was no place for it. I finally asked myself, "Why do you keep trying to make it work?"
So I attacked it with a light sand (only to clean up some of the bumps and bruises) and then some ASCP in Paris Grey.
See these hooks? I took the bright silver ones off, since they didn't really fit. I found these at an antique store. I know they are supposed to be ceiling hooks, but they were the perfect amount of rusty and quirky so I put 'em on.
Then I waxed it and attacked it again to distress it. There was no way I was stripping this baby and that's what it needed, so I figured I'd bring out the flaws rather then try to hide them.
And my dear friend hand painted this tile (since I broke the other one trying to get it out).
Here are the legs...
Below the grey is black. Below the black is white. Below the white is wood. They all make an appearance.
Here is the (almost) before and after.
up for sale in our booth SOLD. I really like the after, but my entire house has a carmely-tan trim (which sets the tone for the entire house!), and grey just does not work with that!