Chalkboard Plate Tutorial

I gave these as Christmas gifts last year.  These are so much fun.  It's a REALLY stinky project, so make sure you do it in a well ventilated area.
{Round one is SOLD}

Supplies:
Pewter or silver plate
Chalkboard paint (I bought mine from Sherwin Williams)
Foam paint brush

Here's a plate I found at our local flea market.  I scuffed it up a gently with some sandpaper (but I don't think its necessary).  Using my foam brush, carefully paint the edge.  This is the hardest part because you have to keep a pretty steady hand.  Then start painting in to the middle, covering the plate.  Let dry overnight.
Wa. Lah.

I painted 12 last weekend.  Garage sale and flea market finds.  This one is for sale here. {SOLD}

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...